To operate an NCAA-certified event or league, participate in coaching activities or sit on the team bench at an NCAA-certified event, you are required to obtain a USA Basketball (USAB) GOLD License. Although you will not be able to use your Gold license for NCAA events and cannot access the NCAA’s Basketball Certification System (BBCS) until 2018, apply before the end of 2017 for a discounted rate and be ready once ECAG has notified you that the BBCS is available!
To renew (DO NOT CREATE A NEW USAB ACCOUNT), go to the USAB website and click log in. You will then be at the Coach Registration page and you will click the LOGIN button on the top right-hand corner of the screen. Once logged in, you will be prompted to register for the 2017-18 season.
Base fees for the USAB Gold License for the 2017-2018 season are as follows:
- Sept 1-Dec 31,2017: $55
- Jan 1-March 31, 2018, May and June of 2018: $65
- April and July of 2018: $120
The USAB gold license application fee will include all educational requirements AND the base fee for the Verified Volunteers background check. NOTE: Some states and/or counties charge a fee to access your records and you will be required to pay these pass-through fees when you complete the VV portion of the background check application. These fees will be paid to the state/county directly and cannot be avoided.
- Applicable Counties: Several counties in Arkansas, California, Florida, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
- Applicable States: Colorado, Maine, Montana, New York, South Dakota, and Vermont.
- To view applicable fees: County and State pass-through fees. County fees are on pages 1-3. State fees are on page 4.
For further information about the USA Basketball GOLD License, please go to the USAB website or call 1-844-652-6201 option 1.